Los Angeles is famous for the movie industry, celebrities, and Hollywood. But how well do you know the City of Angels?
Here's your chance to win three City Walk iPhone applications to cities of your choice, courtesy of GPSmyCity.com. Correctly answer all ten questions about Los Angeles below and e-mail them to
for your chance to win!
1. L.A was founded as a city in:
2. What L.A landmark appears in such movies as the Terminator and Transformers?
A. Griffith Observatory
B. Grauman's Chinese Theater
C. Hollywood Wax Museum
3. L.A was briefly part of what country?
4. What did the original Hollywood sign say?
A. Hollywood Hills
C. Welcome to Hollywood
5. The L.A city flower is the:
A. Douglas Iris
B. Bird of Paradise
C. Wood Rose
6. Whom does this famous quite belong to: "I love Los Angeles. I love Hollywood. They're beautiful. Everybody's plastic, but I love plastic. I want to be plastic."?
A. Marilyn Monroe
B. Andy Warhol
C. Elizabeth Taylor
7. Which one of these famous people was not born in L.A?
A. Angelina Jolie
B. Gwyneth Paltrow
C. Cameron Diaz
8. Californians are the largest US consumers of:
9. Marina del Rey is the largest yacht harbor in:
C. The world
10. California's popular nickname, made official in 1968 is:
A. The Sunshine State
B. The Golden State
C. The Silver State
Remember to send your answers to email@example.com. Good luck!